The More Than Words® Program was designed specifically for parents of children age 5 and under on the autism spectrum.
Addressing the unique needs of thee children the program provides parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential.
More Than Words does this by empowering you to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved social skills
- The ability to engage in back-and-forth interactions
- Improved understanding of language
You will learn:
- How your child learns best and what motivates him to communicate
- Why your child behaves in certain ways, and what you can do to either increase or reduce tho behaviours.
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set realistic goals
- How to make interactions with your child last longer and be more meaningful
- Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
- Tips on how to talk so that your child understands you
- Strategies for developing your child’s play skills
- Ways to help your child make friends
The More Than Words parent program includes:
- 8 training sessions in small, personalised groups
- A Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program
- A pre-program consultation for you and your child with your speech-language pathologist.
- Three individual visits for you and your child with your speech-language-pathologist in which you are videotaped while practicing with your child. Then you and your speech-language pathologist watch the videotaped interaction to “see” what’s helping and what you can modify to help even more
Please contact our office for information regarding upcoming program dates.
LIMITED PLACES! CALL TO SECURE YOUR SPOT